Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 29 of 30 days of me

day 29- In this past month what have you learned

I've learned that writing for 30 straight days is very difficult! There is so much about myself that I never really admitted to myself until I wrote it down. My personality traits, how I have changed in the past year, what I fear, etc.

I think this challenge was kind of a jump start for me. I wondered how I would be able to handle writing all the time...and I found that I really enjoy just writing little tidbits here and there. Maybe I would have some success as an online editor/writer for a company. I'm not really sure, but this blog experience has me definitely considering that option.

As you can tell from reading my blog, my writing style is very informal. Of course, I can write lots of fluff and with a tad of flourish with the best of them, but I like to think of my writing as a conversation with someone...perhaps myself. I don't really like to make things complicated; in my opinion, it just turns the reader off to whatever you happen to be writing.

I'm not sure where this blog will take me, or if it will help with any kind of a job, but I did discover myself a little bit in the process. I love to write and read. Even if there is no one else out there actually reading this mess of a blog, it doesn't matter to me really. I like blogging for myself, and if others want to read and share their opinion, the more the merrier!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea--
    I found your blog by accident...read my last post on my blog (www.kimberlycoats.blogspot.com). You are one of my "fav" blogs I follow. About to have all my followers from America to Europe to Africa following you. Keep living your dreams of seeing the world and experiencing it ALL! If a girl from Kansas can do it so can you!
    You have "spunk"!
    Kimberly "Moki" Coats

    ReplyDelete