Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 20 of 30 days of me

day 20- Someone you see yourself marrying or being with in the future

Believe it or not, I am older now than my mother was when she got married to my father. It is actually a bit of a creepy thought because I don't even want to think about marriage until I graduate. But, since the question asks (and I'm going to be vague)...

When I was little, I always imagined I would marry Prince Charming. Disney just plays into little girls' fantasies about how they all deserve to be treated like princesses and marry a handsome prince. Unfortunately, I never thought about the short supply of princes. I do not think that there are many girls that have no imagined their wedding day at some point in their life. But, what most girls imagine is the dress, the flowers, the colors, the cake, their wedding song...basically, the easy stuff. The hard thing to imagine is the guy waiting down at the end of the aisle.

For a long time, that face at the end of a long aisle in a massive church with a ton of white flowers and amidst hundreds of guests was blurry or an idealized version of an actual person. A prince. And I'm not saying every girl shouldn't be treated like a princess, but it is just unrealistic. Of course, I want the best for myself. I feel like the person I'm meant to be with will be my Prince Charming just not the Cinderella-like version.

And I'm not talking about a guy with a boat-load of money or that is devilishly, ridiculously, over-the-top handsome; I'm talking about the kind of guy who is sweet and that makes you feel special and loved just the way you are. I want to be able to be with someone who understands my sense of humor and can dish it right back. Or the kind of guy that laughs at how ridiculous I'm being at any given moment. Someone who tells you not just what you want to hear, but what you need to hear. Someone who knows when something is wrong...even if they don't know exactly what's wrong. You know the cheesy song line, "all you need is love?" Well, that's just a little bit true.

I'm basically describing the so called "nice guys" of the world. Wake up, boys! Most girls want nice guys...they just don't know it.

It's not too much to ask for, is it? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment