Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Days 10-13 of 30 day book challenge

Okay, I'm going to cheat a little. But it's my challenge and my blog so I can do what I want! I behind a few days, so I'm just going to quickly go through the challenge for the rest of the week.

Day 10: Name five absolutely great film adaptations of books.
  1. Angels and Demons: It definitely wasn't exactly like the book, but I think the movie actually did more for the plot than the book did.
  2. The Harry Potter series: Again, not always exactly like the book, but that's okay. I still think they are very faithful to the overall meaning and plot of the series.
  3. Pride and Prejudice: The newer version of this movie is fantastic! The older one with Colin Firth is good as well.
Okay, I'm having a hard time thinking today. I can't think of more for some reason and there are plenty out there. So instead, if you have one that you would put on your list, stick it in the comments!

Day 11: Name three absolutely awful film adaptations of books.
  1. Ella Enchanted: As one of my favorite books of all time, I was very disappointed with how this book was portrayed on the big screen. Nothing like the book. It was a very sad day.
  2. Twilight Saga: Okay, the books really weren't that fantastic to begin with, but the directing, the crappy acting, and cheesy screenwriting ruined it for me.
  3. True Blood: Okay, it isn't a movie, but it is a TV show. Based off the Sookie Stackhouse novels, the TV show blows the entire series way out of proportion. More sex, more blood, more story lines. Too many story lines in fact.
Again, if you have something to add because there are plenty more out there, feel free to do so in the comments!

Day 12: Your favorite author(s).

You know, I have been asked this question a lot, and it is always really hard for me to answer. I don't really have a favorite author. I really enjoy Jane Austen novels. JK Rowling has the most successful book series of all time, and I love them. So I guess she could be on the list. British author Phillipa Gregory is one of my favorite historical writers. She has some great stuff on the Tudor period.

Day 13: Your favorite book from childhood.

I have already answered this many times over. Ella Enchanted, hands down is the winner. Although, Harry Potter is also from my childhood, so that one may have to win. But, the series extended into adulthood, so I think Ella Enchanted still wins this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment