Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 4 of 30 day book challenge

Day 4: Characters you hate.
This is a tough one. I don't really hate a lot of characters, unless they are just plain evil or stupid.

Voldemort from the Harry Potter series
He's evil. His name is evil. He looks evil. He is just pure evil. I don't like him.

Bellatrix/Snape from the Harry Potter series
Okay, Bellatrix is legitimately evil. And I can never get Helena Bonham Carter blowing up Hagrid's hut in the movie while squealing and jumping for joy. That is the epitome of Bellatrix Lastrange. Snape: I thought he was evil. I really did. I hated when he killed Dumbledore. I hated that he hated Harry. And I hate that Harry named his son after him, and I don't care that he really turned out to be on the right side. I still don't like him.

Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre
This guy irks me. He is much older than Jane, has a crazy wife in the attic, obsessive, verbally abusive, and he is described as ugly. Why would anyone go for him? He has lots of money. Way to go, Jane.

Bella Swan from Twilight
This had to come up at some point. But let me state this, I enjoyed the Twilight Saga. But before the hate starts coming out, let me explain why. In a twisted sort of way, the story is kinda sweet (as long as you don't think of the age difference). Vampires have always been fascinating for people, and the new take on them makes people edgy (not to mention the fan girls that are crazy). I do admit, the writing sucks. The characters aren't all that great either, but it is every girl's fantasy to be given everything you ever wanted and to be loved forever, right? Anyway, Bella is stubborn, whiny, doesn't have her own life, and has no backbone. She probably should have stayed away from Edward, just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment