Sunday, July 10, 2011

30 day book challenge - Day 1

Hello blog followers!

As my summer drifts by, I have come to realize that most of my time has been spent working. My summer has been slightly boring, albeit busy. Since I have been bored so much, I decided to do a thirty day challenge involving books! This one is going to be very difficult because reading is one of my all time favorite things, and picking and choosing between the books I have read is difficult. The list of the thirty days is below, but I will start out with numero uno: your 10 favorite books of all time.

This is not an easy one. I always say I don't have favorite books because I can't choose between them, but since I have to pick, here it goes (these are not in order)...

Harry Potter by JK Rowling
I have to go with the HP series. I grew up reading these books. I read the first one way back in 1999 when I was in fourth grade! The last movie comes out this week, and I'm feeling a little depressed about it. I love the characters, the plot, the magic, and basically everything to do with the world. Not the best written books on the planet, but very entertaining.

The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
This book is simply fantastic. I laughed, I smiled, and I cried. It is a heart-warming book and truly inspiring.

Night by Elie Wiesel
Let me tell you, this book is phenomenal. Wiesel has an incredible story, and he shared it brilliantly with the world. I cried, but it was worth every tear.

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
I. Love. This. Book. It's a YA book, but when I read it when I was younger, I fell in love with it. I still read it from time to time when I need to go back to my childhood.

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I always think people judge me when I say this is one of my favorites. I think most people assume that I only like it because it's always picked as one of the greatest books of all time. I don't know if I would go that far, but it is excellently written. The characters are so vibrant and quirky it makes them realistic. Great book.

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
The book that comes before The Da Vinci Code, and just because it comes after does not mean its second best. It is definitely the better of the two books. Mystery, scandal, and the Roman Catholic Church. Love it.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Another classic, but Jane Austen really is the queen of romance writing. I love the story, but I love the writing even more.

The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
This technically isn't a book, it's a play, but it is really good! The sense of humor throughout is fantastic, and it was a pleasure reading it.

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
When I was younger, I was into mystery novels. This is the only Christie book I have read, and I regret that. She is a brilliant writer, and I hope I get the time to read more.

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this, but I had never heard of this Austen novel before I read it. I really enjoyed it. Austen's humor is in full force for this parody on gothic romance novels.

Well that was a little easier than I expected it to be. I definitely have a lot of books that I love to read, but I guess these would have to be on top. I'm sure there are more to be added to this list, but I could go on for a long time if I didn't have a limit.

Day 1: Your 10 favorite books of all time.
Day 2: Your 5 least favorite books of all time.
Day 3: Your favorite characters (and which books they’re from).
Day 4: Characters you hate.
Day 5: If you were stranded on a desert island, what five books would you take with you?
Day 6: The best book you’ve read in the last year.
Day 7: The worst book you’ve read in the last year.
Day 8: Your favorite quotes from books.
Day 9: Your favorite quotes about books.
Day 10: Name five absolutely great film adaptations of books.
Day 11: Name three absolutely awful film adaptations of books.
Day 12: Your favorite author(s).
Day 13: Your favorite book from childhood.
Day 14: A book you regret not having read sooner.
Day 15: A book you haven’t read, but is on your “will read” list.
Day 16: A book you haven’t read and have no intention of ever reading.
Day 17: A book you want to like, but can’t get into for whatever reason. Why can’t you get into it?
Day 18: A book you think is highly overrated.
Day 19: A book you think is woefully underrated.
Day 20: The environment you most enjoy reading in.
Day 21: The most disturbing book you’ve ever read.
Day 22: A book you once loved, but don’t anymore. What changed?
Day 23: A book you once hated, but now like. What changed?
Day 24: Your favorite series.
Day 25: The nerdiest book you’ve ever read.
Day 26: Your favorite type of non-fiction book.
Day 27: Your favorite genre.
Day 28: The first book you can remember reading on your own.
Day 29: An author you wish was more well-known.
Day 30: The book you’re reading right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment