Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 6 of 3 day book challenge

Day 6: The best book you’ve read in the last year.

This really is a tough one. I've read a lot of books in the past year, but the majority were for classes, so I don't really like to count those unless they were really good. I think there are a few that come straight to my mind. These are the first two books that popped into my head when I thought about the books I have read for class.

Atonement by Ian McEwan
This is a really great story about passing judgement on something that you may not understand. It's a war story. A love story. And it is overall a fantastic read.

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
I really enjoyed this novel. I thought it was funny and not overly romantic, but just enough to make the story interesting. It was pretty easy to read, but to think it is comical, you probably should read an old Gothic romance story first.

Wit's End by Karen Joy Fowler
I haven't actually finished reading this novel, but I really like it so far. I wish I could tell you what it is about, but I don't quite understand it myself, yet. But it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment