Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

So let's get this out of the way...squee!!!! That was my girly fan-girl scream. I am a big fan of the Twilight Series (mostly books, but I do enjoy the movies). I have to admit, the first two movies...not so good. Even though I'm a fan of the series, I can still say that the other movies could have been better on many accounts, especially the first one. But, I still like watching them because I love the books.

I do have to go on a bit of a rant though. I don't understand why so many people hate Twilight. I would understand if someone didn't like the movies or books if you had seen them or read the books. But, the people who 'boo' the trailers in the theatres or say mean things about them or people who love the series, that's just hateful (aka my brothers). You should give something a chance before you say things. In my opinion, I think a lot of guys feel threatened by the fictional characters. That's right. I said it. They don't like their girlfriends or wives going and swooning over another guy that seems to be everything they have ever wanted. My answer: step up your game, boys. Maybe read the books or watch the movies and learn something. ;) If you truly don't like it then, fair enough. But, I don't want to hear your complaining. Okay...done now!

Okay, now I am going to be as unbiased as possible since I am a fan. I'm not really worried about spoiling the plot. It's pretty obvious. Bella is in danger. A newborn army of vampires wants to kill her. The Cullens and werewolves have to stop acting like 5 year olds and play nice to protect her. Throw in a lot of shirtless Jacob, a few marriage proposals, and some good CGI, and you've got Eclipse.

I have to say, this is actually a decent movie. SO much better than the first two (not really saying much, I know). It is entertaining, funny, romantic, action-packed, and it even has some horror elements in there. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart finally pull off being in love. It looks real, thank God. The acting is 20 times better (even Stewart). The action was throughout, but mostly at the end. The CGI improved as well...instead of just running on air, they actually look like they are running. Amazing! Ashley Greene is adorable. Nikki Reed is awesome in her flashback. Kellan Lutz just entertains so well. Taylor Lautner shows some real depth. Whew! There are a few things that bugged me...Bella's wig is annoying. I think I just noticed it because I knew she was wearing one, but still. On another hair note...Jackson Rathbone just keeps getting stuck with horrible hair. It's a little fluffy this time around. Some of the cinematography was...eh, not really sure how to say it. Just...okay, in my opinion.

For people who aren't fans, if they gave it a chance, I think most could enjoy it. I know a lot of guys don't understand why women love it and may be turned off by Edward's over-protectiveness, but I still think some may like it (even if they don't want to admit it). There were quite a few guys when I went, so I think it appeals to a broader audience.

If you are a fan, you're gonna love it. Hands down. The extra stuff added in that we don't get to see in the book is flawless. It works so well. Can we please have David Slade back for the next movie? Pretty please??

Recommendation: Overall, not a bad movie. It was actually a lot of fun to watch. Definitely date night worthy. PG-13 is a good rating for it too. There's a lot of ripping of body parts, but no blood, since they're vampires. A few cringe worthy scenes for younger kids, but nothing too bad at all. "I am hotter than you."

Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment