Sunday, July 25, 2010

Salt

There is more to Evelyn Salt than you think. When I saw the previews for the movie, I thought I knew what was going to happen in the movie. I couldn't have been more wrong. At the very beginning of the movie, we find Salt (Angelina Jolie) being tortured in North Korea repeating the line, "I'm not a spy." She is released by a German national, and we find out she works for the CIA. Two years later, she is married to the man who helped release her from North Korea and is still working for the CIA. As she is leaving from work, a man comes in claiming to have some information on an assassination attempt. Evelyn interviews the man, and he tells her that an agent trained in Russia as a child is going to kill the President of Russia at the vice-president's funeral. He names Evelyn Salt as the assassin. Of course, she denies it and tries to find her husband. She goes on the run claiming she's been framed. But has she?

I have to say that this movie kept me wondering what was going to happen next. Who's the bad guy and who's the good guy? If you pay enough attention, you should be able to figure out the ending. I didn't because I'm horrible with that kind of stuff. Jolie was excellent as Salt. Absolutely believable (except some of the stunt work; we all know that action movies take it way over the top). And to think that this part was originally for a man! Jolie is the new it-action star. With movies like Tomb Raider, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and Wanted, she has taken the top female action star spot easily. Liev Schreiber was amazing as well as the rest of the cast. I was on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. Basically it was just an Angelina Jolie ass-kicking fest which was great!

Recommendation: This movie turned out to be much more than I thought it was going to be. It will make you think and wonder about what's going to happen. I had a great time at the movie; it was absolutely worth the money! At certain points in the movie I seriously thought Jolie was the good guy. And at other times I seriously thought she was the bad guy. See the movie so you can find out for yourself.

Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment