Sunday, July 11, 2010

Despicable Me

What would anyone do with an army of yellow minions? Try to take over the world, of course. Gru is a typical bad guy. He wants to commit the crime of the century: steal the moon. But, three small orphaned girls and an arch enemy are thwarting his evilness. Gru, voiced by Steve Carell with a Russian accent, also has to deal with his army of gibberish-speaking minions. In the end, can Gru prove he's a bad guy, or is there more to life than perpetual crime?

Let me tell you, I was really excited to see this movie. I thought the previews looked hilarious, and the movie didn't let me down. From start to finish, I was smiling and laughing along with every other person in the theatre. There are a lot of people out there who think these movies are for kids, and I'm here to say, you are never too old to see animated movies. There was more humor for adults than kids in Despicable Me. The only parts kids really laughed at were involving the minions. And how could anyone not laugh at the adorable little guys? Every time they started talking, I was laughing. At the end, I found myself tearing up (apparently, I am emotional when it comes to movies).

Recommendation: Not only was it funny, but the storyline was genuinely heartfelt. Gru's a guy looking for someone to praise and love him, and he finds that in three little girls. Whoever thought of this movie deserves a huge pat on the back. Definitely one of the summer's funniest movies. If you can see it in 3D, I think a lot of kids would like it. I didn't get to see it in 3D, but I think it would have been a fun one to see. Not to mention, if you have an iPhone, there is an app that you can download that will allow you to see what the minions are saying during the credits, but only in the 3D movie. We tried it in the regular showing, but it didn't work. It was awesome! So much fun; kids will love it, adults will love it...go see it! "It's so fluffy, I'm gonna die!"

Here is the trailer:


And here's a clip I thought was fun (just listen to their laugh, and you will be laughing with them):

No comments:

Post a Comment