Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oh, how I love London!

Let's begin with a teaser: I took a picture with Gerard Butler! But, more on that in a second...

So, the play on Monday, Jerusalem, was really interesting. I had absolutely no idea what was really going on, but it was modern. The main actor was great! He portrayed his character so well...it was really believable. It was about a man (a drunkard) that is getting evicted from his mobile home. It was really funny at parts, but also very thoughtful. If I knew how to describe the rest of it, I would, but I can't because I didn't understand the ending.

Disappointment of the week...the movie Remember Me is premiering next week Wednesday! Sad part: I will be at work all day! No Robert Pattinson! I was literally so sad, and still am. But, I think I am going to try to see him when I get off of work. I am going to book it over to the premiere and hope to see something...probably no pictures, but I might get to see him!

Now, onto the really awesome stuff...Gerard Butler! A group of us decided to go to the premiere of The Bounty Hunter (which looks so funny). It also has Jennifer Aniston in it. We got there about three hours early which was nothing compared to the six hours for Valentine's Day. Again, I was right at the front, but not on the actual red carpet. We were hoping that they would come around to sign autographs, and we were right!

When he arrived, I think all of the girls just swooned. When he came around to us, instead of an autograph, I asked for a picture with him. Unfortunately, he had been taking a lot of pictures with people, and he didn't take one with me! He stepped back and rubbed his eyes, I'm assuming because he couldn't see a thing from all the flashes. But, I got brave and asked if he would take one with our whole group. He asked in his delicious Scottish accent, "Who's going to take it?" We pointed to a bodyguard, and the man took the picture for us! Gerard was right next to me, and I touched him...I'm on a high right now! He also asked if one of us spit in his eye which was a little funny and, of course, we didn't spit in his eye.

After all of this, Jennifer Aniston walks in. Again, instead of the autograph route, I tried to get a picture with her. But, this time around she turned down the people right in front of me because she was getting pushed along. So, I didn't ask, but I wish we had asked for a group one again! She was standing right next to me!

It was a very exciting day, and now most people probably think that all I do is run around London trying to find celebrities which is not the case...most of the time. Tomorrow I am getting up early to go to the theatre to get Wicked tickets! I have seen the show twice, but the tickets are front row for 25 pounds which is dirt cheap, and the woman playing Elphaba is supposed to be amazing! Oh, how I love London!

No comments:

Post a Comment