Sunday, January 24, 2010

Arrival in London

So, I finally arrived in London! I got about 3 hours of sleep on the plane, and arrived at 7 a.m. local time.
I am a little in shock...I walked past Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, The Eye, and Parliament.
After making my way to Vandon House, I unpacked everything in my tiny room. I had some troubles with the converter, but I got it working. After unpacking, a few of us walked around London...we decided to take a different path back to Vandon House to test our directional skills...we made it back and found a lot of shops along the way.

Tonight we are having pizza as a group, and then Mark, our director, is giving us a tour of the local area and then taking us to a pub nearby. After all of that, a few of us have to go to the tube station to get our travel cards filled so we can actually use the underground.

Once that is all done, I am going to go to sleep! I feel like I am going to pass out, but I have not allowed myself to take a nap, so I should sleep well tonight. And on Thursday, we get to see The Lion King! :)

Update from earlier: We had our tour of the block that we are staying on. We found the grocery store and ATM...after our long walk, we decided to have a pint (20 ounces) at The Sanctuary House, a pub about two blocks away. I am not one for beer because it smells horrible, but a Strongbow was pretty good...tasted a little like sparkling juice. A little pricey for the pint though, three pounds and fifty-five pence...so almost seven bucks.Now, I'm off to bed because it has been a very long day with no sleep!
On a side note to my parents: I am so sorry for making you stay up later! My phone wouldn't turn on, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong! It said the battery was low, but it was fine before we took off...anyway, I made it safe and sound.

2 comments:

  1. No worries...your Dad and I get plenty of sleep at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first day in any city is so exciting that it is easy to forget that you are really tired from being up so many hours. Isn't it cool to see those things you have only seen in pictures or read about? - Lowell

    ReplyDelete