Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Starting off on the right foot

Well I was slacking on the week one update by a couple days, and I had a few minutes to spare to type this up.

Week one of 5k training=complete! It wasn't too difficult, which was a nice perk of the 10 week program that I picked. I even got my husband joining me which really has helped keep me motivated.

I finished day one of running this week, so I have two more days of running. They will go something like this:

Warm up: Brisk walk 5 minutes
Alternate running and walking for 90 seconds for 18 minutes
Cool down: slow walk 5 minutes

At the end of the first three days, I was feeling sore. My calves (thankfully not my knees) were really feeling it. I have tried to lengthen my running stride, and that has helped a bit. Otherwise, Curt and I stretch before and after a run as well as roll out any sore muscles. Pretty much and ice bath was in order--and I just love ice baths.

Always fun to get in and out of. Now if only I had those abs...
Two more days this week! Whoop! Till next time, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment