Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Donating to Mayan Families

Hello blog followers!

I'm back from Guatemala with more than a few bruises and bug bites, but I made it safe and sound. I will update about my adventures this weekend sometime, but first I wanted to post a few videos from an organization called Mayan Families. We met with a woman that works at/runs the organization while in Guatemala. They help a lot of children and elderly in the area. I met this little girl in the Claudia's Story video, and she is just as beautiful in person. We also visited the building they feed the elderly lunch in, and it was a great experience. One last note: if you know anyone that is willing to donate/help raise $10,000 (I know, a lot), the local community center/church area needs a new roof in the town I worked in. The building was built in the 1700s, so it would be great to preserve it. Mayan Families is helping with that, so let me know if you know someone! Here are the videos below.



No comments:

Post a Comment