Monday, June 28, 2010

Remember Me

It's a story of heartbreak and redemption. Two people who have both suffered in their lifetimes meet and fall in love. In the heart of New York City, Tyler (Robert Pattinson), is struggling to deal with the loss of his older brother and the divorce of his parents. Ally (Emilie de Ravin) is a girl living her life to the fullest which includes eating her dessert first after she witnessed her mother's murder as a child. These two go through ups and downs like it's nobody's business, but they stick together. They learn to heal together. But, there are things keeping them apart. It's a story about living everyday like it's your last because you never know when it might end. 

Surprisingly, I found this movie to be very good. I was a little hesitant, because no matter how much I love RPatz, I still can't deny that his acting in the Twilight movies isn't superb. Pattinson did very well in the role, and was very convincing. His acting was in top form, especially at it's most emotional scenes. At the climax of the movie, Pattinson and Pierce Brosnan (his father) verbally face off in a full boardroom which showed off Pattinson's acting chops. If only he could bring that stuff to Twilight...

Emilie de Ravin was good, but I was hoping for more after seeing her in LOST. She was a mix between sweet and innocent and rough and tough. I liked her for the most part, but sometimes I felt like she was lacking emotion or presence. They both were a cute couple, and I was convinced that they could be together.

The ending wasn't totally unexpected by me, but I was hoping that it wouldn't happen. This is no happy-go-lucky movie. There are a few light-hearted moments, but it is a deep and emotional story. It will make you think about how you live your life and what would happen if it was taken away suddenly.

Recommendation: Go to a local Redbox, and test it out. It isn't a movie I would watch over and over again because, well, it's kind of depressing. Not a date type of movie, but if you're looking for something deeper, I would recommend it. Not really for kids...there's some heavy stuff going on and language. "You once told me, our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch. Is that true for everybody, or is it just poetic bullshit?"

Here's the trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment