Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Well Hellooo, Hottie McGoalie

I am sitting in my room after a good day at work, waiting for LOST to load online, listening to Don't Stop Believin' (The Glee Version), and I realized that I could be updating my blog that I haven't updated in over a week! As I'm writing this my pictures are loading on my computer so I can put them up on this post.

Well, when I last left off I was going to see Every Good Boy Deserves Favour at the National Theatre. Well, it wasn't good. Everyone in the class was disappointed. The orchestra on stage was great, but the play didn't do it for me. I was completely confused the whole time. There was probably some hidden meaning that I didn't understand.

The best part of the week...Liz came to visit me! We spent a lot of time visiting the London sites. I took her to Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, St. James's Park, Trafalgar and Leicester Squares, Tower of London, and Portobello Road.

We had a lot of fun, but I think the Tower of London was the best. I had not been in the actual tower yet, and being the history nerd that I am, I fell in love! I would definitely go back to see it again...it was worth the 14 quid to get in. I was in awe of the tower...there was graffiti on the walls from prisoners! If I wrote about all my thoughts on the Tower of London this blog would never end, so I will just say that it was amazing! I highly recommend it.

One of the things that we did after the Tower of London was visit the Tate Modern...a modern art museum. Now, Liz is an art enthusiast...I'm not. I do not appreciate modern art at all, but I went along because I thought it might be interesting. I did have a homesick moment while there because all I could think about was how much my dad would hate this! I thought about how we would be making fun of everything in there...especially a guy that stopped in front of a "painting" that looked like paint was scratched off and contemplated it. I got a kick out of that. I counted four paintings and a few photographs that, if they were offered to me for free, I would actually keep. Everything else would end up in my trash. And now everyone knows my strong feelings on modern art.

I went to Portobello Road with Liz on Monday morning. We both had just watched Notting Hill (which we had never heard of) and fell in love with the movie. So, we decided to visit the actual setting. It was absolutely adorable. If I ever came back to live in London, this place is where I would want to live. The houses were so colorful, and the market was fantastic even if the rain made it a little bit miserable. I am going back there when the weather is nicer because I want to explore the area more thoroughly.

I went to the Victoria and Albert Museum on Monday as well. It was so huge, and all I got through was the theatre section for a class. There is so much there, and you can take pictures! I am going back next week, I think, because it is free and has a lot of great art.

Yesterday night I went to my first football match ever! It was actually a lot of fun to watch...the atmosphere was great and exciting. I cheered for Brighton, the away team, because well...they were much better looking. Rachel and I sat together and commentated the whole match...let's just say the majority was not actually about football. :) I nicknamed the goalie for Brighton Hottie McGoalie...no joke. But, I did actually watch the match, and I was so impressed with the athleticism. I have a lot of respect for footballers...their sport is really amazing. Brighton won, by the way. There were over 17,000 people there...on a Tuesday night, in the cold, at a non-premiere league match. The stadium wasn't even full. I can't imagine what a premiere league match would be like. (Video, hopefully, coming soon!)

Caitlin and Maggie are coming this weekend, and on Friday I am going on a tour with Michelle to Stratford, Oxford, and Warick Castle. I'm so excited! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment