Thursday, February 4, 2010

Was that Jude Law?

So, before I head off for the weekend to Liverpool, I thought I would give a brief update. On Monday, I had my first class. It is a theatre class and basically we go to plays and then we talk about them! It is going to be so much fun! We saw our first play on Monday called Rope. It was actually pretty good and based off a murder case in Chicago that took place in 1924.

But, the best part is that Jude Law was attending the same play! We were all so excited, and after the show...we tracked him down. He was in the bathroom, and when he came out, we all just stared. He knew we were staring, but he just smirked at us and walked right past us. I was literally a foot away from Jude Law. He is much more good-looking in person. We all talked about it the entire way home...we were star-struck.

After that crazy encounter, I started my internship. Tuesday was my first day and it was fun. A lot of tedious work, but I am going to learn so much! I found the work place to be very similar to the States, but others found it to be much more relaxed. I did hear a few curse words in the office, so that was new, but otherwise it is basically the same. I work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Next week on Tuesday, I get to go to an outing with the office...a lot of kids will be there for the a new program.

This morning, we had our first required classes. We talked about British newspapers for three hours. Things that surprised us, what we encountered over the week...one thing that really shocked me is that in the best-selling newspaper in the country, The Sun, there are topless women in it everyday! I was sitting at work and I saw it in the newspaper! We talked about it in class, and apparently there is a new woman everyday on page three that is topless. And...here's the kicker...it's a family newspaper!

Well, my short update does not have any pictures, but I will after this weekend. We are off to Chester and Liverpool to experience a different side of England. I will update when I get back! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment