Thursday, December 5, 2013

LeFou, I'm afraid I've been thinking.

I have been a seriously horrible blogger. This is what happens when you write all day--your own writing suffers.

It's not like hundreds read my posts, but it still cool to think that at least a little bit of my writing is out there for the world to see. Well, actually, you can see a lot of it on Central's website. Just sayin'. :-)

I was given an interesting question to answer yesterday after I applied to a job, and it got me thinking. Doesn't seem to happen often, but I was thinking about what I wanted to do with my life. And the answer startled me: I don't know. I love writing. I love reading. I love history. I love nonprofit work. I love this. I love that. I love lamp.

Seriously, I think my brain was in overdrive.


There are so many possibilities (most of which I am not qualified for). And all I keep coming back to is writing. My husband keeps saying that I just have to write the next crazy teen novel and we will be set for life. I mean, that's cool and all, but that means you actually have to have an idea in mind. Soooo. There's that.

Here's what I came to in my thinking quest. I don't really know what I want to be doing 40 years from now. Maybe I will be traveling around the world (wishful thinking). Or maybe I will be a big time novelist (probably unlikely). Or maybe I will figure it out as I go. My 8 Ball says "most definitely."

No comments:

Post a Comment