Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm thankful for...

I was telling some friends at dinner that my family never does the whole go-around-the-table-and-say-what-I'm-thankful-for thing on Thanksgiving. I always laugh because what people say, although genuine, often sounds cheesy. I can't help but smile and be sarcastic, and it completely ruins the mood. But, I figured that this Thanksgiving I would write down a few things I was thankful for this year. These are not in order, they just happen to be how I thought of them.

1. My college education. I have been very lucky and have been able to attend a good school. My education will (hopefully!) get me a good job in an economy that seems to be going down hill. Either way, I have marketable skills and will be able to sell myself well enough for most any job I need.

2. My family. Seriously, they are awesome. My mom and dad support me in everything I do which I know is not always typical. They paid for volleyball over the years and rarely missed a game, no matter the distance. They give me whatever I need without spoiling me and instilled good moral values into my life. Thanks mom and dad! And, of course, my brothers. We get along so well compared to a lot of other siblings, and they mean a lot to me. They make me laugh, they make me angry, but they always love me. I love them all very much.

Also, the rest of my family! I love everyone! Thank you for being amazing!

3. My friends. All of my friends have had huge impacts on my life. Without them, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Thanks for being my friend through my bitter sarcasm and crazy moments!

4. My boyfriend. Curt has come into my life in such a meaningful way. I can't imagine my life without him, and thankfully I will never have to. Love you, cuddle bug (yep, I called you that in my blog. Deal with it).

5. Studying abroad. I can't begin to explain how much of an impact that my experience in Europe had on me. I gained confidence and new appreciation for my life.

6. Technology. Without it, I wouldn't be able to stay connected as easily with family members and friends that live far away. I wouldn't be able to share pictures with my friends. I couldn't watch my favorite shows or listen to calming music easily. Maybe it's a weird thing to be thankful for, but imagine your life without your computer/TV/cell phone. It wouldn't be easy.

7. My health. I'm pretty healthy, and I'm glad I don't have to deal with a lot of health issues. Thank goodness!

8. Today. I think we take our lives for granted. We think that we will always have tomorrow to finish doing something we started today. Or that the sun will shine tomorrow. I'm happy that I have today to enjoy my life because there are so many that don't.

9. Happiness. Sounds random, but I'm thankful that I can be happy with my life.

10. Being me. My life really is good. My friends and family make my life amazing. I love being me, and I'm so glad that I am me!

I am thankful for many more things in my life, but I figured a small list would keep your attention longer. Thank you for everyone that has made my life extraordinary! If you feel compelled to do so, share in the comments what you are thankful for this year (it's not as cheesy as it looks).

3 comments:

  1. You know pet names are good and all... in private ;-)

    For the record, I'm thankful that I've been able to find everything I've been looking for in a woman in you. I'm thankful that I was picky about girlfriends past and never gave up trying to find you. I'm thankful that you humor my attempts to make you feel like the most special girl in the world. Most of all, I'm thankful that you put up with my quirks and flaws and love me despite them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my defense, I love the go around the table to say what you're thankful for, but the sound of my voice was drowned out years ago by the all the groans ;)

    ReplyDelete